Semi-detached houses in Singapore are generally known for being a pair of houses built side by side or back to back and unified by a common wall. This wall, more popularly known as the party wall, acts as the main divider between the two houses. A semi-detached house or a “semi-d” is usually known to mirror another house based on style, appearance and even dimensions.
What are the Features of a Semi Detached Houses in Singapore?
- Exclusive land and property ownership - This property type usually has different owners and title deeds to make for an exclusive ownership. A lot of Singapore semi detached house owners value the privacy, security and space that come with their properties.
- Semi-detached housing or mixed landed housing - Semi-detached houses can be built in both designated areas for semi-detached housing or mixed landed housing. As long as the development site area can accommodate the minimum plot size and plot width, this type of property is a go.
- Terrace houses can be redeveloped into a semi-detached property - A corner terrace house or an intermediate terrace house can both be redeveloped into a bigger and improved version in the form of a semi-detached property. By making sure that the plot size and width for the new property can meet standard guidelines, it can be redeveloped.
What Are The Best Renovation Ideas for Semi-detached Properties?
- Modern contemporary - One of the common renovation ideas for a semi-detached property is modern contemporary. The interiors of these houses are often themed after neutral motifs and minimalist design elements.
- Elegant and luxurious - A classic look that never goes out of style, the elegant and luxurious design idea can spruce up semi detached houses by bringing in a color scheme that’s neutral, understated and timeless.
- Bold, black and rustic - Leaning into a more masculine and edgy side, semi detached houses with bold and black motifs can give an additional personality that’s daring and unconventional.
Upgrade Your Property
Making small improvements to your property? Planning a major revamp? Whatever your construction and renovation needs are, we at ColeBuild can help you plan better, price better, and build better. Contact us today for a free quotation.